Wednesday, 29 April 2009

Welcome Alfie Lucas Torino Tucker!

So, off to the Royal Berks Hospital in Reading we trundled very early on the morning of 27th April. We were 2nd on the list for c-sections that day, so had a couple of hour wait to be taken down to theatre. Here I am waiting nervously for everything to happen!

Paul got to wear some very sexy scrubs - eat your heart out George Clooney!

The op itself went smoothly, I didn't feel a thing! Alfie Lucas Torino Tucker was born at 10.44am, weighing in at a very respectable 8lb6oz.

Here we are - our first photo together. I was still on the operating table being stitched up!
Unfortunately things went a little downhill after this, poor little Alfie was having some difficulty breathing & was "grunting" with every breath. They kept him with me in the recovery room, but then called down a doctor from SCBU (special care) who said he needed to be taken up there to be monitored & have a chest x-ray to see what was going on.

Miss Charlotte's 1st photo with her new baby brother, taken up in SCBU.

I then developed a complication & had to have another couple of procedures done & wasn't allowed to visit Alfie until everything settled down. 4 blood transfusions & another trip to theatre later, things were finally sorted. After a 4 hour wait to be discharged back to the ward (they were soooo busy that day), I finally got up to see Alfie at 8.30pm on Tuesday night, 36 hours after seeing him last.

Miss Charlotte's first cuddle with her baby brother.
Daddy finally getting to spend some time with his little man. Paul & mum were my rocks during the first couple of tricky days. Could not have got through it without them there to look after me.

Alfie finally joined me down on the ward on Wednesday afternoon.

No comments: